Sitting is the new smoking
What is an Adjustable Desk?
An adjustable desk, also called a stand-up desk, is basically a desk that allows you to stand up comfortably while working.
You can change the height of the desk and alternate between sitting and standing.
Although research is still in early stages, it does appear that using a standing desk can have impressive benefits for health. It may also increase productivity.
At the very least, using this type of desk can partly negate the harmful effects of sitting too much.
Science-Based Benefits of an adjustable Desk
- Standing Lowers Your Risk of Weight Gain and Obesity
- Using a Standing Desk May Lower Blood Sugar Levels
- Standing May Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
- Standing Desks Appear to Reduce Back Pain
- Standing Desks Help Improve Mood and Energy Levels
- Standing Desks May Even Boost Productivity
- Standing More May Help You Live Longer